UNIT THREE ESSAY QUESTIONS
THE FOLLOWING ARE EXAM QUESTIONS FOR YOUR NEXT UNIT TEST. TWO OF THESE QUESTIONS WILL BE RANDOMLY SELECTED; YOU WILL WRITE ON ONE OF THEM.
1. In what ways did the Second Great Awakening in the North influence TWO of the following?
The cult of domesticity
2. Compare the experiences of TWO of the following groups of immigrants during the period of 1830 – 1860
3. Analyze the impact of THREE of the following on the decision of the
The annexation of
4. In what ways and to what extent was industrial development 1800 – 1860 a factor in the economic and political relationship between the northern and southern states?
5. Analyze the extent to which THREE of the following influenced the development of democracy between 1820 and 1840
Jacksonian economic policy
Changes in electoral politics
Second Great Awakening
6. In what ways did the development in transportation bring about economic and
social change in the
7. The Jacksonian Period (1824 – 1848) has been celebrated as the era of the “common man.” To what extent did the period live up to its characterization? Consider TWO of the following in your response.
8. Analyze the ways in which the concept of Manifest Destiny affected the
foreign and domestic policies of the
9. American reform movements between 1820 and 1860 reflected both optimistic and pessimistic views of human nature and society. Assess the validity of this statement in reference to reform movements of THREE of the following areas